Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lonscale Fell

Jonathan and I atop Lonscale Fell

Lonscale Fell was the last of my Northern Fells to bag.  It's another that I have left thinking it will be good for a quick after work jaunt.  That's exactly what we did today.  Starting from Spooneygreen Lane, we ran up to the car park at the bottom of the main Skiddaw path.  From here we continued up the main path, veering off to continue up the fenceline path and then heading up one last pull to the top of Lonscale Fell.

There are two tops here, Lonscale Fell and Lonscale Pike.  Both were visited.

6.3 miles in about an hour and a half

I was very pleased to run all the way to the car park.  On my previous attempt, I had struggled with the Latrigg hill.  We passed mountain bikers pushing their bikes up the hill.  We then picked up the main Skiddaw path and I couldn't keep going for long up here.  We had one last run up and over to the top then headed right off the front for a fast descent, joining back up with the Latrigg path and back down to Spooneygreen Lane.

This is a great route for some hill training.  It was a beautiful sunny evening with very little wind.


posing with the Hawell memorial cross


Stephen carries on up the hill as I am forced to a walk


Lonscale Fell summit


over Derwent Water and Borrowdale

nice run down through the heather



No comments:

Post a Comment