Thursday, July 10, 2014

Yewbarrow

from the road

Heavy legs today after building up my running mileage so I capped this run/walk off after Yewbarrow and circled back around along Overbeck back to Overbeck Bridge car park.  I started with an ascent from the car park directly up the south side coming out at Great Door then continuing the half mile to the summit.  I carried on along the top, dropping down Stirrup Crag to Dore Head where I turned south along the valley.

5 miles

steep path alongside the wall - Bell Rib is ahead

picking a path up through Dropping Crag

Great Door looking over the east end of Wast Water to Scafell

back towards the screes

from the summit Scafell Pike and Scafell with a lot of cloud hanging over them

over towards Red Pike and Pillar.  Wind Gap scree path can be seen centre left

looking back towards the summit

from the North Cairn - Wasdale Giants

this is back around to the wall I climbed up.  A panoramic view of Wast Water, the screes and the Scafells

closer in on the screes

No comments:

Post a Comment