Friday, October 4, 2013

Fixing on Bleaberry Fell and High Seat

on the way back down looking over Derwent Water

from the tool shed looking up towards Walla Crag
It was very wet this morning.  My first thought on waking was that I couldn't be bothered to go Fixing Fells today but I mustered some energy, got myself ready and headed off to Keswick.  As I set off, I could see that the cloud was going to be low but there would be plenty of breaks, making for some spectacular scenery.

We went from Great Wood, up Cat Gill, onto Bleaberry Fell, across the bog to High Seat and then down to Ashness Bridge via Ashness Fell.  We got a bit wet but not too bad.  All in all, a lovely day out, taking it easy, Fixing Fells.


cloud looking promising as we climb from Cat Gill

many layers of cloud

up to Bleaberry Fell

Christine bags Bleaberry Fell

High Seat

looking through to Ashness Bridge

inscription on the Bob Graham memorial

Bob Graham memorial


No comments:

Post a Comment