Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Loughrigg Fell, Nab Scar and Heron Pike

First walk with my gps back in 2009.  Wandered up to Loughrigg Fell before crossing back over and attempting a Fairfield Horseshoe variation.  I had to turn around before getting to Great Rigg due to high winds and snow.  Probably the worst weather that I have walked in.  I dropped down to Alcock Tarn and sheltered behind a rock before continuing back down

early start climbing up the Loughrigg Terrace


Loughrigg Fell

Oscar looking to make a leap
Rydal Cave, now off limits

see?




On the other side of Rydal now, climbing up to Nab Scar

camera was pretty much put away after this due to horrible weather

until we got back down to Alcock Tarn

Not the walk I planned but 11miles and three Wainwrights.  Better than sat inside watching the telly.

No comments:

Post a Comment