Monday, September 7, 2015

Bowscale Fell and Bannerdale Crags

Bowscale Fell - beautiful night

Apart from a few easy runs around Cogra Moss, this was my first time on the fells since the St Bega Ultra.  It was a brilliant Monday evening and I was out on my own so a great opportunity to try out a new route.  I've been around Souther Fell quite a bit and had established that the run down from the Mouthswaite Combe area was a great few miles of trails and mud.  I wanted to try a different way up to Bowscale Fell along a grassy track I had spotted on previous runs.

It turned out that the track ends at a building, I think housing water flow machinery and it was a trudge over heather from there.  I took a pretty direct route up to the summit and enjoyed great views at the top.

I then had a nice run around the ridge to climb back up to the summit of Bannerdale Crags before dropping off steeply down the ridge route back to the track along the beck.

if ever a gate invited you through...

Bowscale Fell summit shelter

on Bannerdale Crags summit looking back to Bowscale Fell

the steep ridge back to the valley bottom

route and elevation

No comments:

Post a Comment