Thursday, August 28, 2014

Sale Fell by Night

With some money I got for my birthday, I treated myself to a Petzl Nao headtorch.  This is pretty much the top trail running headtorch and I thought that, as I spend a lot of time on the fells, and as I want to carry on running on the fells through the winter, it was a worthwhile purchase.  Jonathan also got one.  We decided on a night time run around the familiar Sale Fell.

It's safe to say that we were mightily impressed with the headtorch's performance.  Unfortunately, my photography skills are not at the level where I can capture how the night was illuminated.  At best, it might show you how dark it was up there.

just setting off - the reactive lighting means that if you have a running friend who lacks trail etiquette and consistently shines his headtorch in your face, despite you telling him numerous times how annoying it is, the headtorch automatically dims due to your own headtorch shining back.


seeing stars and lightbeams

top of Sale Fell


No comments:

Post a Comment