Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sale Fell Sunset

Skiddaw et al across Bassenthwaite Lake

After an epic walk on Sunday, I wanted to do a nice easy run tonight after work - just to stretch my legs out.  I couldn't think of a better candidate that old Sale Fell.



I took a slightly different route today, after coming out of the woods I turned up towards Lothwaite and followed a beautiful grassy path across the wall to the south of Sale Fell summit, climbing up towards the setting sun.



 

It was only a short run but it certainly did the trick.  This was a nice route but it has also made me realise that there are lots of other routes around Sale Fell.  Luckily it's only a quick drive from my house so I plan to spend plenty more evenings checking out other routes.

No comments:

Post a Comment